The LCS Afterschool Enrichment Classes serve our K-8 students and encompass a broad range of focus areas including academic support, spiritual growth, mentoring, youth development, arts, health and fitness. The activities children participate in – outside of school hours – are critical to their development. High quality afterschool programs generate positive outcomes for youth including improved academic performance, classroom behavior, and overall health and nutrition.
Throughout the school year, there are a variety of Afterschool Enrichment Classes offered. Afterschool opportunities will be promoted through the all-school newsletter.
Before and After School Care (ASC) are provided for enrolled students of Lighthouse when added supervision is needed beyond normal school hours. Before School Care runs from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM and After School Care runs from 3:15 PM to 5:30 PM. Students who are not picked up by 3:20 p.m. on regular days and 12:00 p.m. on half-days (or when Driveline ends), will be escorted to and clocked-in to After School Care.
The hourly cost is $7.00, divided into 15-minute intervals, beginning at 3:15 PM ($1.75 per interval).
If a student is not picked up by 5:30, the family will be charged $2.00 for each additional minute. After three late pickups, the family will be charged $5.00 for each additional minute after 5:30 p.m. If a problem continues in punctuality, After School Care privileges may be revoked.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up
Upon arriving at ASC each day, students will be clocked-in electronically. When parent/pickup contact arrives for pickup, they will sign the student(s) out using an iPad kiosk.
To use the iPad kiosk:
- Any individual (i.e., grandparent, nanny, neighbor, family friend) who may pick up your child on a regular OR occasional basis, will need to be registered as a designated pickup contact in Family Portal.
- Each parent and designated pickup contact will have an individual parent/contact ID and will need to know this ID when picking up your child(ren). Note that students will not be allowed to leave with any individual that is not designated as a pickup contact. This is for the safety of your child(ren).
Viewing your designated pick-up contacts
- To view your designed pickup contacts, log in to your Family Portal Account (in Renweb) and click on the “Family” link on the left.
- In the Family Members section, you will see a link for “Family Demographic Form.” Click to open.
- Inside the “Family Demographic Form,” click “Transportation Form.”
- This will show you all individuals currently designated as a pickup contact for your child(ren).
- If you wish to make changes, please submit all change requests through the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/6A4y4ZqBcR
Obtaining your Parent/Contact ID
- You can view your ID number in Family Portal. This can be found under “Family Home” then looking at the ID Number noted in the contact info section. (Typically appears as “ID Number: System: 120xxxx”)
- Note that there is a dropdown at the top of the page to navigate to each family member.
- Additionally, staff will be available at back-to-school night to provide you with a card displaying your ID. Stop by the ASC table in Navigator Hall on back-to-school day to pick up your card.
- Staff will be available in ASC during the first week to provide you with your ID at the time of pickup. Please note that if you are not listed in the system as a designated pickup contact, you will not be issued a card.
What if I need someone to pick up my child(ren) that is not on my list?
- We understand that sometimes plans change or things come up where you need someone who is not a regular contact to pick up your kid(s). In this event, you must email both Jessi Markham in the main office at firstname.lastname@example.org AND the After School Care Manager, Lisa Brooks at email@example.com to notify them of the change. This is intended for one-off situations and should not be a regular occurrence. Anyone regularly picking up your child(ren) should be added as a pickup contact through the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/6A4y4ZqBcR.
A few details and suggestions…
- Save your ID as a contact in your phone or hold on to the handy card in your wallet
- Let your pickup contacts know of this new process and that they will need to keep/remember their pickup ID anytime they come to LCS to pick up students from ASC.
- If you are a pickup contact for other students at school, please note that they will appear on your checkout screen (in addition to your own child(ren)) each time you login to the check-out kiosk.
Please direct any additional questions on the program, process, or policy to Lisa Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions regarding Family Portal updates, contact Kate Bare at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.